Car Insurance - Claims Information
Documents and forms are available at the bottom of the page.
Accidents may be reported by telephoning our Freephone Claims line on 0800 626 086 from anywhere in the UK or on 1800 626 086 from the Republic of Ireland. This service is available 24 hours a day.
When you call, please provide your policy number, details of what happened and the time and date of the incident.
At the bottom of this page, you will find links to Car Insurance NI Claims Forms which you can print out if required.
Allianz works in partnership with a number of repairers in NI to ensure that its policyholders are assured of the highest possible standard of service following an accident involving damage to their vehicles.
These repairers :
- guarantee their workmanship for 3 years
- administer the car claim between repairer and Allianz Northern Ireland
- provide a courtesy car whilst repairs are being undertaken
- will collect and deliver policyholders cars
- have the facilities to complete repairs in accordance with best practice in the motor industry
- will ensure that repairs are carried out promptly and in accordance with vehicle manufacturers recommendations.
We recommend that following an accident policyholders contact one of our Approved Repairers who should be provided with the policy number, details of the accident and full details of the vehicle.
Improving standards of vehicle security by manufacturers means that motor vehicles often cannot be stolen unless the thief has access to the key. Vehicle keys are therefore a target of thieves and it is recommended that vehicle keys are always secured.
We recommend that keys are not:
- left on a hall table at home (from where, experience shows, they may be hooked through a letter box)
- left on a desk at work where the public has access
- left in an unattended bag
- left in the pocket of a coat in a cloakroom
Car keys should never be left in or on a vehicle unoccupied by the driver.
Reporting an Accident.
Allianz works in partnership with Autoglass, Auto Windscreens and National Windscreens to provide 24 hour glass repair or replacement. No excess will apply to windscreen repairs and we recommend that the repair option is used wherever possible. An excess of £50 applies to windscreen or bodyglass replacement and should be paid to the repairer. The repairer will invoice the balance of the cost direct to us.
They should be contacted on the freephone numbers:
Autoglass- 0800 363 636
National Windscreens- 0800 028 0002
Allied Irish Windscreens - 0800 051 6708
The Allianz certificate of insurance should be shown to the repairer.
Limits may apply to the amount payable if other repairers are used and policyholders should check their policy for details.
If a policy does not cover windscreen and glass damage these companies will offer Allianz NI car insurance policyholders a discount off standard stock items. The repairer should be paid at the time of fitting.