Boat Insurance FAQs
Boat Insurance FAQ's
To get a boat insurance quote please call us on 028 90 828 828. Reference "internet offer" to receive £25 off a new boat insurance policy.
- With a Boat Insurance / Dinghy Insurance policy what is typically covered?
- Damage to your boat / dinghy caused typically by storm, accident, fire, theft, attempted theft & vandalism.
- Liability for personal injury to your passengers.
- Liability for accidental damage to other property such as another boat or marina arising out of the use of your vessel.
- Can more than one owner be listed on the policy?
An owner is someone with a financial interest in the boat / dinghy. If there is more than one owner, we need to have each owner's name and address listed on the policy. If there is ever a claim, the payment would be payable to the named insured parties.
- My vessel is permanently based outside of the UK and Ireland. Can I still insure it with Allianz?
We currently only insure craft based in the UK and Ireland, so we are unable to insure your craft at the present time.
- Can I insure my Jet Ski with Allianz?
We do not insure Jet Skis, Wet Bikes, Surf Jets or other craft of a similar nature.
- What is the current third party limit of liability?
The current third party limit of liability covered under the NI boat insurance / dinghy insurance policy is £3,000,000. It is compulsory at some marinas for boat owners to have insurance prior to obtaining a berth.