COVID-19 Latest Updates
1st April 2020
Six Additional Measures to Help Our Customers During COVID-19
Today Allianz Northern Ireland has introduced six further initiatives to help both our personal and business customers cope during these unprecedented times.
We have also been working hard to ensure that our customer service lines, customer claims lines, 24/7 emergency assistance and claims payments can be managed safely by our dedicated team here in Northern Ireland and in line with the cover provided in our policies.
In addition to the 14 measures introduced last week, Allianz are now introducing the following initiatives with immediate effect to assist you;
What we are doing for Business Customers?
We know that business customers are experiencing financial challenges. We will help these customers by:
1. Extending cover for Cafés and Restaurants: In response to the recent announcement that all restaurants and cafes must close unless they can offer a takeaway option, we are extending our cover to allow this. For the duration of the COVID-19 closure period all restaurant and café policies will now include cover for takeaway services at no additional cost. This cover is provided under the basis that all reasonable precautions are taken and relevant Health & Safety Guidelines regarding COVID-19 are adhered to.
2.MOT testing: We understand that customers are unable to undertake MOT tests at this time. Subject to compliance with the Driver & Vehicle Agency (DVA ) requirements we would like to reassure our existing and new customers that commercial insurance cover will continue to be provided and maintained during this time. It remains the responsibility of the vehicle owner to make sure their vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.
What we are doing for Personal Customers?
We are extending features of our car, home and pet insurance products as follows:
3. Owner Occupied Home / Family Homes: The period of time after which we may exclude certain covers under your home insurance, due to the property being unoccupied, has been extended from 35 days to 60 days. This means that if you are unable to check on your home, full cover will apply for up to 60 days, at which point cover will be reduced as per our standard policy terms and conditions if the property remains unoccupied. This takes effect from 27th March onwards.
4. Holiday Homes / Buy-to-Let: Similarly, if you have a Holiday Home the requirement for the property to be checked once every 30 days will be extended to up to 60 days during this time. For a Buy-to-Let property that is unoccupied, the same extension from 35 days up to 60 days applies.
5. MOT tests: We understand that customers are unable to undertake MOT tests at this time. Subject to compliance with the DVA requirements we would like to reassure our existing and new customers that car insurance cover will continue to be provided and maintained during this time. It remains the responsibility of the vehicle owner to make sure their car is in a roadworthy condition.
6. No cancellation fees: This will apply to any direct customer during the COVID-19 Government restrictions; where their circumstances require them to cancel their Insurance policy. For our retail broker customers, we are working with our third party software providers to implement this measure also as soon as possible.
We continue to thank all our customers, suppliers and broker partners for their support over the years and at this time.
Please continue to visit this page for the latest announcements from Allianz Northern Ireland.
24th March 2020
14 Ways We Will Help Our Customers During COVID-19
We recognise that these are uncertain times for our customers and we want to reassure you that our Contact Centre, Claims Lines & 24/7 Emergency Assistance services continue to be maintained by our dedicated team of over 600 people here in Ireland.
We’ve been working hard on additional changes to how we support all of our customers as fairly as we can in these uncertain times. We will be doing more too, and will share these changes with you on an ongoing basis.
Today we want to share with you some of the changes and supports that Allianz Northern Ireland is putting in place for customers so that we can play our part during this national, and international emergency.
What we are doing for Personal Customers:
We are adding extra features to our car and home insurance products to reassure all personal customers of our commitment:
1. Allianz policy covers remain fully active throughout this crisis - except where customers request and we agree to a reduction or suspension of cover;
2. For those customers who are vulnerable and / or in financial distress as a consequence of the Covid-19 crisis, we will continue to do our best to support you fairly and flexibly;
3. We’ve increased our ‘days grace’ period for customers at renewal from 14 to 28 days to allow customers further time to contact us or their broker;
4. Allianz customers can add temporary additional drivers for up to 60 days (previously 30) at no additional charge;
5. Our Home Emergency Assistance and Roadside Assistance services continue to be available 24/7;
6. For our customers who have commenced working from home or remotely, enhanced and increased home office equipment cover is now provided under all of our household policies, see the FAQs below for more information;
7. Direct Customers are reminded that they can quickly renew online, or manage their policies online via MyAllianz.ie; we are also enhancing engagement for our bank and broker customers;
How we are supporting the community and those on the frontline
In addition, we are also supporting our customers who are directly involved in fighting COVID-19. These extra measures include:
8. Car Cover for Volunteers: Car insurance use is extended beyond normal personal use for our customers helping within their community for voluntary purposes; e.g. to transport medicines or groceries to those in need, or to take those that may be ill or vulnerable to hospital or testing facilities;
9. For frontline workers using their own car for work purposes, they’re also fully covered per their policy terms when borrowing another car in an emergency or to get to work and breakdown assistance will automatically be extended when they need it during the crisis;
What we are doing for Business Customers
We know that businesses and customers are experiencing financial challenges in these unprecedented times. We will help these customers by:
10. Providing brokers with flexibility to help alleviate stress and worry for business customers arising from the Covid-19 crisis;
11. Alternative Use Cover: We continue to support the repurposing of facilities, to enable their use for testing and caring for those in need of medical attention;
12. Business Property Cover - closures: We will maintain existing cover on business premises throughout this crisis closure period. Appropriate supervision and security of the property is required throughout;
13. Commercial vehicle and taxi insurance use is extended whilst helping within the community for voluntary purposes e.g. to transport medicines or groceries to those that may be ill or vulnerable;
14. We continue to evaluate additional supports for customers throughout this crisis period.
We’ve been operating in Ireland for over 100 years and throughout that time our focus has always been on sustainable, equitable and actionable measures to support our customers, our employees and the wider economy. In light of the fight against COVID-19 we are continuing this focus and ensuring that our Contact Centre, Claims Lines, 24/7 Emergency Assistance services and claims payments are maintained safely by our dedicated team of over 600 people here in Ireland and in line with the cover included in policies.
We’d like to thank all our customers, suppliers and broker partners for their support over the years and at this time. We will announce more supports in the coming days and will share these announcements on this page.
16th March 2020
Due to the on-going public health issue, we will be operating modified phone services for both New Sales & Existing Customers. Until further notice, our Contact Centre will operate Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excl. Bank Holidays) & from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays.
Our Claims Line will continue to operate Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excl. Bank Holidays) as normal.
If you need to contact our emergency assistance services, they remain unchanged and are available 24/7. We will publish regular updates on our Facebook and Twitter channels as well as on this page to help keep our customers fully informed and address any general queries.
We would like to also reassure you that if you are unable to get in touch with us in advance of your car, home, taxi, commercial vehicle or pleasure craft renewal date, we will maintain cover for up to 28 days to give you additional time to contact us.
13th March 2020
In light of the on-going public health issue, Allianz Northern Ireland is putting measures into place to protect its employees and to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Unfortunately this may result in some delays in responding to enquiries and request and we apologise for this. Our dedicated teams will do their very best to respond to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
We would like to remind our existing customers who are registered for MyAllianz that they can renew, pay, notify us of a claim, or make changes to their insurance policies by simply logging into their MyAllianz account.
We would like to reassure you that if you are unable to get in touch with us in advance of your car, home, taxi, commercial vehicle or pleasure craft renewal date, we will maintain cover for up to 28 days to give you additional time to contact us.
- Are Allianz still open during the current health issue?
Yes we are! Allianz have implemented measures to protect its employees and to help minimise the spread of the virus. These alternative working arrangements may result in some delays in responding to enquiries and we apologise for this.
Our dedicated teams will do their very best to respond to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- I am having difficulty contacting Allianz, are there other ways I can renew my policy?
Firstly, don’t worry.
We would like to reassure you that if you are unable to get in touch with us in advance of your car, home, pet, taxi, commercial vehicle or pleasure craft renewal date, we will maintain cover for up to 28 days to give you additional time to contact us.
We also have alternative ways for you to renew with us. If you are registered for MyAllianz, then you can renew your policy by simply logging into your MyAllianz account. Alternatively, if you are not registered for MyAllianz, you can renew your policy online here.
- I am working from home, am I covered?
We cover home office equipment as standard under our contents cover up to a max of £5,000 in any one policy year. This would include computers, laptops and printers.
There is no need to contact us to let us know you are working from home as your home office equipment is covered as explained above.
And don’t worry, if the company you work for has provided you with a computer or laptop, they can be covered also.
Until the 30th June 2020, Allianz are providing accidental damage cover for home office equipment at no extra charge if you don’t already have this cover, usually an additional premium would apply for this cover. This means that between 20th March and 30th June 2020, if you accidentally damage your home office equipment, it may be covered by your home insurance. Please note, if you claim for damage to your computer or laptop it may affect your renewal premium.
If the company you work for has provided you with a computer or laptop to work from home and you need to make a claim for damage to it, we will request a letter from your company confirming that you are legally responsible for the computer or laptop and that the company will not be paying the cost of replacing it.
Call centre opening hours:
Mo-Fr: 8am-6pm | Sa: 9am-1pm