House Insurance FAQs
- What is an excess?Our House Insurance policies include an excess. This is the first part of any claim you might make which you have to pay yourself. Our excesses are shown in our NI Home Insurance Policy Summary.
- Does my House Insurance Policy cover wear and tear?House Insurance is designed to cover the cost of unexpected losses. It does not cover wear and tear. If your property is not in a good state of repair, your claim may not be paid in full.
- Are there any restrictions in cover if my house is unoccupied for long periods?Yes. For certain damage cover is restricted after 35 days.
- How can I make sure the 'sums insured' stays up to date?If you provide us with the full rebuilding cost including professional fees, statutory and site clearance costs, we will automatically index-link the sum insured for you so that it goes up in line with inflation but you should also check it yourself in case of other variations.
- Are any discounts available if I take extra steps to protect my property?We offer premium discounts for improved security. Examples may include, having good-quality locks and a burglar alarm.
- Are my possessions covered away from the home, on holiday for example?Policies can be extended to provide cover for loss away from the home.